Booking Terms & Conditions
ALL BOOKINGS BY TELEPHONE ONLY:
call 01248 410 607
When the site is open the booking office is open 7 days a week:
- Please check :
- The office is closed from 1pm to 2pm
An answer machine will take messages when the office is busy or closed.
Bookings: Out of season (Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb and March) the telephone may be answered but all messages left will be answered within 48 hours.
INFORMATION NEEDED BEFORE YOU TELEPHONE – we will need to know the following information:
- Number of adults (18+)
- Number of children (including babies)
- Number of pets
- Number of vehicles
- Size of unit, maximum length and width including anything added onto the unit i.e. porch, pod, or awning
PLEASE NOTE: Sleeping in awnings is NOT allowed - it is considered a recreational area and not part of the berth capacity of a unit.
The maximum number of people who can sleep in a touring caravan, motorhome or campervan is the determined by the manufacturer’s berth capacity of the unit.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Before booking please read the campsite terms and conditions to make sure that this is the right campsite for your holiday.
BOOKING and PAYMENTS:
Your booking can only be placed over the telephone or in person.
On booking we require the type and measurements of your unit, all people, pets and extras.
Your booking will be entered onto our booking system, which will automatically generate a booking summary by email to the email address provided by you to us.
Upon receipt of the written booking confirmation you must check all details are correct and immediately inform us if anything is incorrect.
We can only accept a booking from someone over the age of 21.
Your booking is non-transferable to a third party.
Booking amendments If you want to change any details of your confirmed booking, you must contact us as soon as possible, by telephone first and then in writing by email. Whilst we will do our best, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet any request for changes.
Change of dates. If you need to make a change to the dates booked, we require 20 days’ notice and an administration fee of £20 per unit/pitch.
The new dates must be in the same year of the original dates booked.
You can add additional dates to your existing booking, providing they are available, with no administration charge.
Change of unit, people, pets or extras. If you need to make a change to your existing booking details, you must contact us as soon as possible to see if we can meet your request.
Additional charges and or an administration fee of £20 per unit/pitch may be incurred.
Payments – Deposit or Full Payment and Balance
Your booking will only be confirmed once we have received a payment.
All payments are inclusive of VAT.
|Deposit||£100 deposit – if your booking costs amounts to more than £100 or you book 21 or more days before your booked arrival date.|
|Full payment||if your booking amounts to less than £100 or you book 20 days or less before your booked arrival date.|
|Balance||Is due 20 days before booked arrival date.
A balance reminder e-mail will be sent to you 2 days before the due date, with a link to make a payment online or you can telephone the office to pay over the telephone. IMPORTANT If the balance of the price of your holiday booked is not paid in full at least 20 days before the start date of your booking, we are entitled to cancel your booking and retain your deposit as a cancellation charge.
CANCELLATION, LOCKDOWN and INSURANCE
- If your booking is cancelled 21 days or more before your booked arrival date, the full amount you have paid if under £100 or the deposit of £100 is non-refundable.
- If your booking is cancelled 20 days or less before your booked arrival date the full payment for your booking in non-refundable.
- Extras of any description are considered part of your booking and are therefore non-refundable if they are cancelled whether in part or fully.
- No refund is given under any circumstances whether for no show/none arrival, arriving on a different day to your booked arrival date or you depart earlier that your booked departure date.
- Removal of a unit from a pitch for whatever reason, with or without prior arrangement, will be deemed abandonment of the pitch and no refund will be given. The management reserve the right to re-let the pitch. This does not apply to the daily movement of motor homes/camper vans.
Any financial loss - We consider adequate travel insurance to be essential to cover any
loss that you may incur due to your cancellation – see Insurance below
In the event that your given address is put into local or regional lockdown with a travel restriction covering your booking dates, or your booking has to be cancelled because Dafarn Rhos is put under Government Restrictions and has to close and the period of closure covers your booking; we will transfer your booking dates to another date, with no administration fee and no restriction of number of days’ notice. This ONLY covers a lockdown – see below.
Your inability (or the inability of any, some or all of your intended party) or disinclination to travel to and stay at Dafarn Rhos for any reason, including – but is not limited to – illness (including Covid), a requirement or recommendation to self-isolate or quarantine, shielding, a call to jury duty, military service, incarceration, change in personal or work circumstances, family emergencies, accident, injury, travel delays, vehicle breakdown, and delays with public transport. These remain at your risk and do not give rise to a right to cancel or to receive any refund other than according to our standard cancellation terms. You are strongly recommended to take out UK travel insurance to cover these eventualities.
If you choose not to take out UK travel insurance, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
EACH MONTH HAS A MINIMUM NIGHT BOOKING REQUIREMENT – Please see below
APRIL BOOKINGS – Any number of nights excluding the Easter weekend from Thursday, 14th April to 19th April 2022 (see details below)
MAY BOOKINGS - Any number of nights excluding weekends which have to be 2 nights. Also excluding the first May Day Bank Holiday weekend and the late May Spring Bank Holiday (see details below)
JUNE BOOKINGS - Any number of nights excluding weekends which have to be 2 nights
JULY BOOKINGS – Up to Friday, 15th July any number of nights excluding weekends which have to be 2 nights.
From 15th July see details below under “HIGH SEASON SCHOOL SUMMER HOLIDAY”
AUGUST BOOKINGS – see details below under “HIGH SEASON SCHOOL SUMMER HOLIDAY”
LIFEBOAT DAY in Moelfre is usually a Saturday in August but unsure if happening in 2022.
SEPTEMBER BOOKINGS - Any number of nights excluding weekends which have to be 2 nights
WE DO NOT TAKE ANY ONE NIGHT BOOKINGS FOR ANY SATURDAY NIGHTS
HIGH SEASON LAST MINUTE SHORT BREAKS
If you are looking for a last minute short break, please telephone us in the week of your intended arrival, as we do get the occasional last minute cancellation or early departure which may result in 1 – 7 nights' availability, especially during high season at Easter, May Bank holidays or in the summer holiday.
If you are unable to arrive on the date you are required to book from, you will be able to arrive early (from 9am up to 12.30pm) the next morning. Likewise, if you are unable to stay the last night of the booking you can leave anytime up to 6pm on that day – not having to leave at the standard departure time of 11am.
EASTER BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND:
Minimum 5 nights booking to include Thursday (14th April), Good Friday, Saturday, Easter Sunday and Bank holiday Easter Monday. If you are unable to arrive on the Thursday (before 7pm), if booked it will allow for an early arrival (after 9am) on Good Friday. If you are unable to stay the Easter Bank holiday Monday night, as booked it will allow for a later departure that day.
MAY DAY BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND
– First one at the beginning of May
Bookings will be a four-night minimum, including the Friday, April 29th, Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights.
LATE SPRING MAY BANK HOLIDAY
– End of May - School half term week with the Bank holiday Thursday, 2nd June 2022 (Spring Bank) and Friday, 3rd June 2022 (Platinum Jubilee).
As it is a school holiday week bookings only taken for 9 nights in 2022 from Friday, 27th May.
HIGH SEASON SCHOOL SUMMER HOLIDAY
- from Friday, 15th July to Sunday, 4th September 2022
If you are looking for a last minute short or weekend break, please telephone us a few days before intended arrival date, as we do get the occasional last minute cancellation or early departure which may result in 1 – 7 nights' availability.
All bookings during the HIGH Season summer holiday are from Saturday to Saturday. This means that bookings are for 7 nights during most of August, with the exception of Saturday, 27th August of the Bank holiday weekend, where no bookings can be taken to arrive or depart, making a minimum booking over the Bank holiday weekend of 9 nights - from Saturday, 20th to Monday, 29th August 2022.
- All pitches are 6 metres wide (along the hedge), with the exception of 2 larger pitches which attract an extra charge per night.
- The length of a pitch depends on where it is on site. There are 4 fields, therefore 16 corner pitches where we are unable to accommodate very long units or either side of the corner pitches, due to the national fire regulation break of 6 metres (20 feet) to be between all units.
- Pitches are around the edges of the fields.
- All pitches are pre-allocated before arrival.
- Pitches are numbered and the fire break marked.
- The national fire regulation break of 6 metres (20 feet) between all units is strictly adhered to at all times.
- Electric hook up (EHU) point may be on a pitch or up to 20 meters away from a pitch. Therefore it is advisable to bring an EHU cable that is up to 25/20 meters long and if used for a tent needs to have an RCD.
- If any part of a sleeping/living unit (metal or canvas/material) is put in the fire break area, you will be asked to move it back within the pitch boundary.
A particular pitch or pitches can be requested and we will make every effort to meet your requirements, but cannot guarantee any request especially in high season.